Wednesday 31 October 2012

Joy Comes in the Morning: Mum who Lost Four Children in a House FireGives Birth to Baby Boy

A mum who lost all four of her children in a house fire has given birth to a baby boy who has helped her to smile again.

Rachel Henson was left heartbroken when a blaze tore through her home in Hulland Ward, Derbyshire in December 2011 claiming the lives of her children Tommy, nine, Alisha, six, Rocco, four, and Appolonia who were sleeping. The 45-year-old hairdresser escaped the flames.

After the fire Rachel said: "Every day is very difficult but I feel it's slowly getting better. The mornings don't seem as harsh as they did at first.

"I replay it in my head every day but I've had lots of support - lots of cards and lovely flowers, people wishing me well for the future."

But now Rachel has found a level of happiness again after having a boy with fiance Clint Eyre, 40, that the couple have named Roman, born on October 12, weighing 8lb 8oz.

In an interview with local newspaper this week, She said: "When I wake up I go to him and fuss over him, instead of lying there thinking about the children. There are still nights where I have bad dreams and there are flashbacks, But I want to face these things and get over them. Having Roman with me is helping that so much."

"Roman will never replace them, at all, and I don't want to forget them. But looking after him distracts me from thinking about them", she concluded.

What a testimony, congrats to Rachel and Clint on your new bundle of joy.





No comments:

Post a Comment