Wednesday 27 February 2013

22-Year-Old Nigerian Apprehended With 1.3kg Drugs

 

A 22-year-old Nigerian, Jude Ejikonye Ilechukwu was recently apprehended by men of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLE, with 1.295kg of substance discovered to be methamphetamine.
Mr Ilechukwu who resides in Thailand was arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.
The drug which was concealed inside his luggage, was detected during the screening of passengers on Ethiopian Airline at the Airport.
The MMIA Commander of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Hamza Umar, said the drug was carefully hidden in the suspects’ luggage.


According to Ilechukwu, he was lured into the drug deal by a friend he met in Thailand.
In his words: “I am a business man. I relocated to Thailand last year where I buy goods and send to Nigeria.
“It was in Thailand that I met a man who introduced me into drug business. He gave my number to his partner in Lagos who lodged me in a hotel.
“They made me pay N750,000 as my contribution and promised me a handsome reward on arrival in Thailand.
“My focus was on the profit that will accrue to me. It was when I was arrested that I realised I had made a big mistake.”

The Chairman/Chief Executive officer of NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, said that the Agency will investigate all cases and bring drug culprits to justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment