Friday 15 March 2013

NB Inspiration: Are You Ready (To Work On Yourself)?


Many times, when I have something to deal with, I had thought about the possibility of solving it with the smallest amount of effort. But I realized that life is a path that we all have to go through. Everyone's path is different but the destination is always the same, 'the truth within'.

 You know, it's a lot of work liberating one's self from what no longer serves them.

It's easy to "talk the talk" and read all the books out there, but "walking the walk" sometimes isn't quite so simple. The truth isn't always the most pleasant thing to see, hear or experience. Yet in the end, as the old saying goes, "the truth shall set you free!"


Each person has their own breakdown just waiting to be "broken through." What may seem huge to one person may seem like nothing to another. We are all on the journey but each person's is unique to them. It's about meeting people where they are at; a task I genuinely need to remind myself of each day. It's not as simple as once you have a breakthrough on something - then you are done. (How sweet it would be if life really worked that way).

You see, we humans are just like onions; consisting of many layers. Once we peel back one layer we may feel renewed and refreshed but many more layers await you. The deeper you go, the more you rediscover who YOU are at your core. It's a constant process of awareness.

My experience with my own "breakdowns" was they were always that obvious to me at the time. And of course, some were more painful than others.
I accepted who I was, had become grateful for the lessons they taught me, and had continued to work on healing these areas in my life with love, acceptance and forgiveness. I surrendered and allowed myself to grow a little bit each and every time. Just like a tree resting in winter, only to bloom with new flowers in the spring, the tree remains the same yet becomes different.

Everything that happened to me pushed me forward to develop into who I am supposed to be. I'm still peeling away my layers and learning more about myself every day. I'm blessed to have my family and all my friends who never hold me small.

When we are unraveling (whether mentally, spiritually or physically) it can be very painful and certainly no fun at all. That I can assure you! However, it may also be viewed as an invitation for us to look at where we are and whether we are ready to move in a different direction or not.


I work on myself every day; always learning more and more about myself as well as others. It's not always the easiest journey, but one I wouldn't trade for anything. My past brought me to where I am, and who I am today and I love who I'm becoming.

Have a great weekEND....

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful story,life is wat u make of it.all success story reveal the truth that self confidence is the guarrantee to success.

    ReplyDelete