Friday 3 May 2013

Emeli Sandé Speaks On Beating The Beatles 50 Years Chat Record

Emeli Sandé has spoken about breaking a chart record previously held by The Beatles for almost 50 years.
Sandé's album Our Version Of Events spent its 63rd consecutive week in the UK top 10 this weekend, which goes one better than The Beatles' 62-week stint in 1963.

"I'm so pleased. It's something I never expected to happen," said the British singer.
"The fact so many people connected to it and kept the album in the Top 10 is remarkable. To even be spoken of in the same sentence as The Beatles is thrilling.
"My ambition at the beginning was I really hoped I could get in the top five. To break this record is just beyond anything."

It is thought that Sandé will begin work on her follow-up album this year, with plans to release in 2014.
I love Emeli to bits, such an incredible talent, congrats girl!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment