Friday 3 May 2013

NB Inspiration: How Far Can Your Love Go? Man Shocks Mother With Generous Gift On His Birthday


When I watched this video clip two days ago, I couldn't help with the tears. It made me realize that there are still many wonderful people out there despite what has become of the world today. So many questions came to my mind as I medidated on this kind gesture towards this woman by her son. One of the questions I kept asking myself was 'how far can my love go'?  In other words, 'how much is really too much for the one I love'?

It was his own birthday, not his mother's, and instead of celebrating with friends, YouTube user iProjectAtlas real name - Aba Atlas, chose to present a cheque to his mum for enough money to pay off her mortgage and recorded her reaction.

He explained in the YouTube video description: "For the last two and half years I've been saving my money, hoping to do right for a very special woman in my life." I mean, for a whole two and a half years, this guy was making plans for this. Wow!!


The man continued by crediting his late father, stating his death affected him greatly because "of the kind of person he was".
"I decided to make a change, value the only parent I had left," he said.
"What I did for my mother can't even amount to 1/10 of what she's done for me... That being said seeing her smile, seeing her shoulders drop, her breathe a sigh a relief made everything worth it."
"I wanna celebrate my life, by celebrating the woman who gave me life"

So inspiring, this is not only for  mothers or our parents, it could be for anybody that you truly love, and  you can do this in so many ways, even as simple as speaking a kind word to them.
Do you mean it when you say it? How far can your love go? Your love for your husband, your wife, your children, your parents, your God, your friends, for that one close to your heart - how far can you go to show that person or persons how much you care? This video is about one thing...LOVE, showing your appreciation for that bond by helping someone you care about find their smile. Is never too late, it's not in the quantity but in the heart, so we can make amends and start TODAY...

Uploaded on April 30th, the video has drawn more than 1.6million views at the time of posting.

Have a wonderful weekEND!!!
Nelly Ok 

No comments:

Post a Comment